Home | About Leighton | Rhondda map | Rhondda links | Advice surgeries | Get in touch | Cymraeg

Leighton's Updates

Leighton
    follow me on Twitter

    07 December, 2005

    Political Awards

    I'm not altogether sure politicians should get awards, but since BBC Wales have this week named me 'Communicator of the Year' and ITV Wales 'First Term AM of the Year', I just wanted to put on record my thanks to both organisations.

    It’s always nice to be recognised, and I feel genuinely honoured to have won these awards, but there is no bigger honour than representing the Rhondda in the National Assembly. Winning the
    Rhondda back for Labour in 2003 was the proudest moment of my political life.

    I was pleased that the citation which accompanied the ITV award said I was ‘an enthusiastic ambassador’ for the Rhondda and it would be hard ‘to find a speech of Leighton’s that does not mention the Rhondda’.

    I was also pleased that both ITV and BBC Wales mentioned my weblogs. BBC Wales specifically mentioned the way I had used my other weblog to communicate with fans of Cardiff City during the club’s financial crisis earlier this year.

    The main part of the ITV award was the cartoon above - I guess we have the Oscars, the Baftas, and now we have the Mumphs!

    Rhondda TV
    The Labour Party

    Recent comments

    Archives...

    Categories...

    Promoted by Leighton Andrews AM, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff CF99 1NA.

    Author's editorial policy: This blog does not publish anonymous comments, unless they are really witty and I like them. If you have something to say, then have the courage of your convictions and use your name or an identifiable alias. Even then I reserve the right not to publish comments that are malicious, defamatory, stupid, pointlessly cynical or boring. Any of the statements or comments made above should be regarded as personal and not necessarily those of the National Assembly for Wales, any constituent part or connected body.