Home | About Leighton | Rhondda map | Rhondda links | Advice surgeries | Get in touch | Cymraeg

Leighton's Updates

Leighton
    follow me on Twitter

    13 February, 2006

    Arriva Trains

    The Echo rang early this morning about the Assembly's Passenger Services Committee, to which I have been appointed. They have slightly misquoted me at one point in their article.

    I normally drive between the Rhondda and the National Assembly. But I have travelled on Arriva, and what I actually said - in response to a question about the refusal of their Managing Director to travel at on his trains at peak times - was 'I have travelled on his trains at peak times, so why won't he?'. The Echo has me saying of Arriva Trains 'I have to travel on his trains, so why won't he?'. Not quite the same, but there you go. I have asked people to email me with their questions for Arriva in advance of Wednesday's Committee Meeting.

    Arriva have now emailed me to say that Graeme Bunker will now be attending the committee meeting, which is contrary to what the Echo told me this morning.

    Rhondda TV
    The Labour Party

    Recent comments

    Archives...

    Categories...

    Promoted by Leighton Andrews AM, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff CF99 1NA.

    Author's editorial policy: This blog does not publish anonymous comments, unless they are really witty and I like them. If you have something to say, then have the courage of your convictions and use your name or an identifiable alias. Even then I reserve the right not to publish comments that are malicious, defamatory, stupid, pointlessly cynical or boring. Any of the statements or comments made above should be regarded as personal and not necessarily those of the National Assembly for Wales, any constituent part or connected body.