Home | About Leighton | Rhondda map | Rhondda links | Advice surgeries | Get in touch | Cymraeg

Leighton's Updates

Leighton
    follow me on Twitter

    15 May, 2006

    Clydach Vale

    I was delighted to drop in to the Clydach Vale Community Centre earlier in the week where they were celebrating the fact that the Community Centre's ownership has now been clarified. I mentioned this in the Assembly on Wednesday:

    Leighton Andrews: Do you agree that one of the important assets often required by communities which seek to fight social exclusion, is a proper base in the community for community activities to take place? Therefore, will you join me in congratulating the community in Clydach Vale for finally completing the purchase of its community centre? I know that you have been involved in that saga, which goes back some two and a half years. That has now been made a reality following the support that the community has enjoyed from the Communities First programme.

    Edwina Hart: I concur with your comments and I certainly congratulate the residents of Clydach Vale. I am sure that the centre will be put to excellent use.

    Rhondda TV
    The Labour Party

    Recent comments

    Archives...

    Categories...

    Promoted by Leighton Andrews AM, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff CF99 1NA.

    Author's editorial policy: This blog does not publish anonymous comments, unless they are really witty and I like them. If you have something to say, then have the courage of your convictions and use your name or an identifiable alias. Even then I reserve the right not to publish comments that are malicious, defamatory, stupid, pointlessly cynical or boring. Any of the statements or comments made above should be regarded as personal and not necessarily those of the National Assembly for Wales, any constituent part or connected body.