Home | About Leighton | Rhondda map | Rhondda links | Advice surgeries | Get in touch | Cymraeg

Leighton's Updates

Leighton
    follow me on Twitter

    17 October, 2006

    History Matters diary

    This morning I blogged more or less as follows on the History Matters challenge to get as many people as possible to blog their diary for today.

    I went off to see the opening of the Porth Plaza building this morning. This was funded by a substantial amount of European investment as a media education centre. Today, finally, it is opening with tenants who are taking the project forward. Up till now it has been one of the left-over White Elephants of Plaid Cymru's short-lived rule of Rhondda Cynon Taff. The incoming Labour Council in 2004 had to sort out a lot of half-baked Plaid Cymru ambitions. Here is another problem cleared away - and a new opportunity created.
    After that I came down to the National Assembly for our plenary session this afternoon. I may try and speak in the debate on food policy. After the plenary session I have a number of meetings, then tonight I'm off to see my team, Cardiff City, play Southampton at Ninian Park. We are top of the League, say we are top of the League!

    Rhondda TV
    The Labour Party

    Recent comments

    Archives...

    Categories...

    Promoted by Leighton Andrews AM, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff CF99 1NA.

    Author's editorial policy: This blog does not publish anonymous comments, unless they are really witty and I like them. If you have something to say, then have the courage of your convictions and use your name or an identifiable alias. Even then I reserve the right not to publish comments that are malicious, defamatory, stupid, pointlessly cynical or boring. Any of the statements or comments made above should be regarded as personal and not necessarily those of the National Assembly for Wales, any constituent part or connected body.