Home | About Leighton | Rhondda map | Rhondda links | Advice surgeries | Get in touch | Cymraeg

Leighton's Updates

Leighton
    follow me on Twitter

    12 January, 2008

    The Regeneration Agenda

    Ten days ago the Western Mail splashed on what it said was new research comparing the Valleys to other coalfield communities. In fact the research wasn't new: as you can see here, it was published last March - and it referred to the period 1998-2003.

    Since 2003, as I outline today, the Welsh Assembly Government has taken a number of steps to change our approach to regeneration. I set out in my article in today's Western Mail the approach I am taking as Regeneration Minister. I will have more to say on this when we publish our consultation document on Communities First, towards the end of this month. This will build on my speech to the Communities First Support Network Conference in October.

    I will have more to say on our regeneration plans for the Heads of the Valleys at the Institute of Welsh Affairs conference on February 7th. I have already outlined how we hope to make the most of the regeneration opportunities offered by the housing agenda in the Valleys in particular, at the WLGA-CHC conference at the end of November, and set out our commitment to the development of social enterprise.

    No comments:

    Rhondda TV
    The Labour Party

    Recent comments

    Archives...

    Categories...

    Promoted by Leighton Andrews AM, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff CF99 1NA.

    Author's editorial policy: This blog does not publish anonymous comments, unless they are really witty and I like them. If you have something to say, then have the courage of your convictions and use your name or an identifiable alias. Even then I reserve the right not to publish comments that are malicious, defamatory, stupid, pointlessly cynical or boring. Any of the statements or comments made above should be regarded as personal and not necessarily those of the National Assembly for Wales, any constituent part or connected body.