Home | About Leighton | Rhondda map | Rhondda links | Advice surgeries | Get in touch | Cymraeg

Leighton's Updates

Leighton
    follow me on Twitter

    21 January, 2005

    24 returns for Jack Bauer's fourth long day

    24 returns to our screens on January 30th. I'm not sure I can cope with the fourth series. The first was inventive and a 'must-watch'. The second was OK, but the deceptions of the President's family and the daft scrapes Jack's daughter got into were already grating on me. The third series was OK as a thriller in its own terms but the '24 hour' concept was becoming stretched and the re-emergence of Nina Myers was a bit too much. (This was bad enough in the second series). Jack's behaviour gets weirder as well.

    I guess I will tune in to watch it initially, but whether I will stay with it this time I'm not sure. Like a lot of these series from the States there is a fairly detailed episode guide on the Fox website so it is always possible to skip and catch up later (HBO is quite good at these for its drama series too, like the one for The Wire, which started recently on FX289.)

    I will certainly not be signing up for the 'mobisodes' of 24 that the Guardian tells us are available on mobile phones for Vodafone 3G subscribers. We can expect to see more of this kind of content being developed for mobiles in future, as I pointed out in my debate in the Assembly on digital media last October.


    No comments:

    Rhondda TV
    The Labour Party

    Recent comments

    Archives...

    Categories...

    Promoted by Leighton Andrews AM, National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff CF99 1NA.

    Author's editorial policy: This blog does not publish anonymous comments, unless they are really witty and I like them. If you have something to say, then have the courage of your convictions and use your name or an identifiable alias. Even then I reserve the right not to publish comments that are malicious, defamatory, stupid, pointlessly cynical or boring. Any of the statements or comments made above should be regarded as personal and not necessarily those of the National Assembly for Wales, any constituent part or connected body.